Thursday, September 11, 2008

5 +1=6x

Three things tell me that fall is in the air: I've turned off the fan by my bedside, the kids all seem to be coming down with random sicknesses, and today I actually saw CHRISTMAS decor at Costco (what is up with that??).

TOP 10 for this week:
1. The girls came up with a brilliant idea to solve the "unfairness" of having a new baby brother. Unfortunately I am not willing to have twin girls next just to even out the boy/girl ratio.
2. Did I say or do something at church to warrant four different neighbors to bring by treats for our family within 2 days? Maybe it's because I'm looking pregnant now which automatically puts me in the "hey, you're lucky I made dinner" pose.
3. I started going to water aerobics at the rec center and I am a new woman in my weightless water body. I was actually warned by one lady that I needed to remember to behave in the water because I seem to be forgetting that I am pregnant and should move more cautiously. She's just jealous 'cuz I got moves she hasn't done since 1967...
4. The neighbor with 2 girls that Jackson loves to play with called today to warn that her girls have lice. I got to play momma monkey and comb through his hair looking for eggs and larvae. Isn't there a vaccine for that yet? The verdict: we narrowly escaped an outbreak of Rice Lice.
5. Benson and his fellow 9th grade cronies made a pact for this year's yearbook photos, taken a couple of days ago. They all went to the thrift store together and bought the ugliest sweater vests they could find ON PURPOSE just to be funny. Oh, it will be funny all right.
6. While the boys attended father/son's campout, the girls and I hosted a party for all the moms/daughters left behind. It was so fun to see a million girls giggling out in the backyard, basically miniature versions of the moms doing the same...
7. Sunday evening was spent at Grandma and Papa's house (my parents) where Grandma let Jackson make brownies all by himself in a pan the shape of a ghost. He proudly invited everyone to try his "holy ghost brownies", and since they were straight from the oven they actually did give us a warm feeling inside. ;-)
8. I had a tough time getting out of bed today, so luckily I had Jackson (who used his new "best manners" in a cooing voice to coax me): "Mommy, please may you get up for my cereal?" So I slowly sat up on the side of my bed and rested. He patiently looked at me and realized I needed more help. "Mommy, please may you stand up?" I slowly stood and stretched. "Mommy, please may you walk?" He brings a smile to even the sleepiest mom.
9. Michael finally took the busted fridge on the side of the house to the dump. Funny how happy that made me. It's all perspective.
10. I'm feeling LOTS of baby kicks now- this little one is making his mark on my heart already. It never ceases to amaze me how love bucks mathematical logic. Instead of dividing your love among your children because of one more child, it only multiplies.... wouldn't that equation look like 5+1=6x?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I could've had some of the "holy ghost brownies!" That's hilarious! I always thought the game went "mother, may I" but I'm guessing you play it "mommy, PLEASE may I?" :) So cute!

Kimberly said...

Holy Ghost brownies! That's terrific! And the boys trying to find the ugliest sweater vests is hilarious. I love your family picture.

I hope you don't mind, but I had added a link to you on my blog.

Jen said...

Oh, Emily! Thanks for scaring me- I'm a few weeks behind you in the prego business. I will think of you when I can't get out of bed. P.S. Check out our blog and we can be blogging buddies :)