
Michael & I just got back from a weekend getaway... and I'm LOVIN' Virginia!! Getting the kids all set up took a bit of coordination, but other than that this might have been our easiest "drop everything and go"! We stayed with Michael's sister, Cindy and her husband Aaron who couldn't have been better hosts/tour guides-- we had a fancy dinner in downtown Leesburg, took a boat up the Potomac to DC, spent a day exploring the monuments/memorials there, visited their ward, walked around the DC temple, and visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum-- all in 4 days! What did the kids do at home?? Who cares!! Actually, technology is amazing because Grandma Wilson took the kids to Lagoon and shot some video of them saying hi to us, which I was able to receive instantly across the country. We missed the kids a little and they missed us-- not at all!! This is my big shout-out to Grandma Wilson and Nanna for helping keep the kids in line-- thank you so much, and take it from me, I know it ain't easy! :)One of my favorite things about this trip was the opportunity to really get to know the Cases, in their environment. Their kids have virtually grown up apart from the rest of the family and we miss them! This way we got to spend one on one time with each one and I
think by the end of the trip they knew that we are their goofy aunt and uncle and that we love them. I am finding that each family has it's own unique culture and there are always new ideas to adopt and implement to us. The Cases are generous and speak quietly to each other (not that this is a foreign idea, but just uncommon in our loud household). I was trying to figure out what is dominant about our family culture, and I guess I'll have to study that more. If I were to guess, it might be (first I have to get past the initial negative thoughts) that we like to laugh and show each other new things/ideas. I'll have to survey my sister and her family who are coming this weekend for general conference. So take note, any of you who have had us in your home... I am extracting family traits and tricks because you all are amazing!
3 comments:
Emily, What a great trip! I am so happy for you that you could have a getaway (you deserve it!) Good timing too-after morning sickness, before you get uncomfortable, and Fall in the East! You guys are good! We want to make it there someday...maybe next year! Missed you on Saturday-but glad/understand that you got to be with your sistah!
Ok, Em...I'm loving the picture of you and Michael in front of the Washington Memorial. I know I'm biased....but I love it! So glad you were in DC. :)
Look at your cute little belly! Totally adorable. You look 16...probably good that you're not:) You have got to come to Vermont in the fall sometime. We are in color paradise right now.
Post a Comment