Friday, November 14, 2008

Magically Delicious!

Do you ever make something so yummy you surprise even yourself? I made some buttermilk syrup (thanks Nana for the recipe!) the other night for our breakfast for dinner and since we had syrup left over we simply had to have it AGAIN the next night! I'm going to give you the secret family recipe, one time only....

Buttermilk Syrup

2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 tsp baking soda

Slowly bring the first three ingredients to a boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the baking soda (this makes it frothy). SWEET NELLIE that is goood stuff!

OK, so it's not super healthy, but TOTALLY WORTH the admiration children and adults alike will adorn you with. I mean, if you make your own syrup you MUST be capable of many more magically obscure creations...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll never forget the day that Bonnie introduced me to buttermilk syrup. Heaven!

Heather Rice said...

Okay, so we had Dutch Babies tonight for dinner and Chris said, "We need to get the buttermilk syrup recipe". I totally agreed. Then look what I find on your blog! Preciate ya.