Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Stay-cation with my sisters' Vacation #1

I've been outta the loop this last week because I've been PLAYING with my sisters and the kids needed some cousin time! Now they've all left me to just my small brood of 6 kids (trust me, it seems awfully quiet after hosting 16 kids between us).


This whole week of fun and madness began because Benson and Jacob (cousins) were roommates at EFY-Logan. Can't believe we have boys that old.
First Day at EFY. SO EXCITED! (kinda freaky flashback to OUR EFY days and flash-forward to our boys going off to college)



The weekend started with both the Marbles and the Rices going to the Open House for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in S. Jordan.Beautiful temple. Great experience for the kids!


Later, the Messiers arrived and the cousins were having a ball at Grandma Wilsons!
Games and food, that's what we all do best!


Stefanie was able to have a 24 hour visit with us so we grabbed her for some long overdue pictures. It felt great to be together again.
Jennifer's four girls echoed us four girls....


The next morning I played the broadcast. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra celebrated 80 years of broadcasting, and my family came to watch! The best part? Stefanie came and she's never come before. I could see them from where I was sitting since I was up front! Yay!
I know, I look so serious. So not me. Click on the pic and look at the upper right hand pic. Now that's more like it!

After the broadcast several people presented congratulations including President Monson, our prophet. It was cool to be a part of this milestone. For the record, I've played for almost 1/20th of the 80 years. Just sayin'.


Later that day we all got together again for more food and some talent by the grandkids.
This shows a typical crowding in the kitchen. NOT pictured: 4 adults and 12 kids. Can you imagine?

More on our unplanned family reunion (the best kind) to follow!

3 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

What a great family you have! How fun! I love the sisters pic! You all are so pretty! Michael is a very lucky guy to have you!! Jessica told me she had so much fun with all the family!! Please tell me your secret of raising such amazing kids????

Julie Smith said...

I love it. Our house seems kind of quiet this week too. But, cousin time is worth it.

Leah said...

I can't even imagine what that would be like as a parent to watch your daughter achieve so much in her violin career! All of those 4 am mornings paid off. And you are like the leader of the second violins (sorry I can't remember the technical name for that)?! You go girl! Congratulations on so many great achievements.

And thank you for all of the great family pictures! You are all so gorgeous.