Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Moving Food Boat.

So we leave in the morning.... :)  7-Day Cruising sounds awfully nice right about now.

My parents are driving with us to L.A.to embark and I might be a little bit jealous that my sisters and hubbies are all flying, but I told them they are the ones missing out on the commerative trip to Taco Bell.

Rewind about 25 years.... we were on a family vacay and stopped at a Taco Bell for lunch.  We never ate out, so when we did we were pretty excited, but I don't think we deserved the cashier's response:

"I don't know how to ring this up."
Gets manager.
Manager confused.
"This is the biggest order we've ever gotten."
"The only way to do this is to ring it up on two tabs."

Really?  A family of four girls?  Wow.
I hope the cruise restaurant is ready for us....

My sister Jennifer went on a cruise with her in-law family and they actually had a contest to see who could GAIN the most weight that week.  12 pounds for the winner.  Sick.

In the meantime, I'm starting to miss my baby before I've even left.  He's starting to communicate a lot with sign language and I can't imagine being somewhere without him and soaking him up... I'll miss that boy.

Those curls.  What am I going to do without them?  Or his sing-songy "Mam" he calls me.


In other news, Jessica turned 12 last week.  I love having daughters and she is such a joy... so bright and sparkly and full of life.  Tomorrow morning early she and I will go do baptisms for the dead for the first time and I sort of feel like it will be a glimpse forward to the day she and I go to the temple for her wedding day. 

If you look close you can glimpse her all grown up, too.

She got her ears pierced and an email account all in one week.  Hair by Melissa.

She told me today to bring some food back for her from the cruise.  What, like a muffin?  She must be related to my family. In the meantime I'll have to take her to Taco Bell and introduce her to the art of over-ordering.  It's tradition now, you know.

I wonder what grand memories await their creation this week. Never a dull moment with my family.  Some are threatening us all with their speedos.  Stay tuned.

See you on the other side of paradise.
My angel mother in law is looking after my babies.

3 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Have a wonderful trip!!! Your kids will have a blast, but secretly miss you like crazy!!!

Jen Paris said...

This makes me miss you guys even more, I want Jessica to be one of MY YW! :)
Have a great cruise!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Julie Smith said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear how much weight you gain. :)Seriously, I am so jealous.