Monday, March 26, 2012

NO PICS of me working out FO SHO

Guess what?  Workout #51 this morning.  I know you didn't think I'd make it past 3 workouts, but neither did I.

Every morning, scene:  me, face down in my pillow, my phone alarming.  Michael already up getting ready. 

Michael:  "You getting up?"

(Mind you it's 4:45 in the middle of the night!!!)

Me:  (GROAN) "Maybe."
I like to keep a little bit of personal choice in the matter. 

It takes me a few minutes to drag out, and I hate that part more than anything.  But if I didn't have his support, encouragement, and willingness to let me choose.... I'd be out of this running-even-though-there-is-no-emergency business. 

I swear we could power the whole city working those machines like we do.  Not Michael and I alone, of course... :-) (I'm not much of a runner, I tried a 5k and almost died a few weeks ago, but if anyone ever hears of an elliptical race I will SO take it on, yo!)  Anyway, you'd swear it was Black Friday at the Rec Center every day...  5 am, packed parking lot, people running toward the front doors, giddy with adrenalin highs...

Since I'm turning a big number that rhymes with porty, my goal is to get to 100 workouts before my portyeth birthday.  Then?  Then I quit.

OK, maybe I won't quit, but I'll be old and have an excuse for my ridiculous looking lack-o-lunges.  Seriously?  Who does those?! 

3 comments:

Robin said...

Geez! 4:45 is early. I remember the complaints for 5:30 for Deep Water Aerobics. Maybe those were just preparing you for this workout. What time must you go to bed in order to pull yourself out at 4:45 and still be lucid during the daytime? I'm very impressed!!!

BYU Fish said...

Let's see......I would have just aimed for porty workouts and then quit.....why 100? What is the significance between porty and 100? Hmmm.....but that is a GREAT goal....maybe I'll aim for the elliptical 5K scheduled in PG at the end of July.....wanna sign up? Just send me porty dollars and I'll get you in!! BUT...in all seriousness....CONGRATS!!! You are my IDOL!!

Lekili said...

So impressed Emily...but of course everything you do is rather impressive. Too bad you were way too athletic for the rest of us walking the boulevard!