Friday, May 4, 2012

Did you look under there? "Under where?" Oh, underWEAR.

Jackson had show and tell today, so I had to bring in our banana tree that now has like 7 leaves finally.

His teacher pulled me aside.  "By the way, Jack's reason for being late this morning was great."

Hmm, I didn't write a note.  Oh yeah, when they are late for school they sign in at the office computer and they  have to put down a reason.

Teacher:  "Yeah, his note said he was late because his little brother wouldn't put his pants on."

It was true.  Aren't my kids just hysterical? (insert crawling under a rock)


The good news is Alex finally got potty trained the last two weeks.  He's still hung up on the fact that his underwear has an unseemly HOLE in the front (which he asks me to sew up) so in the meantime he wears all of his underwear backwards.  No convincing him otherwise.  I guess he feels "safer" that way.  Maybe he worries something might pop out?


He also misses all the attention he initially got from going potty so he'll yell out, "HEY EVERYBODY I'M GOING PEE, YOU HAVE TO COME CLAP!!"  So we do.  We clap a lot around here.

I think I could use more clapping for things I do.  It's surprisingly positive.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Haha that's awesome!! I could use more clapping too!! ;)

SJ said...

Once again I am catching up on all of your posts and LAUGHING hysterically!!! :)