Well, it's begun. The first letter home arrived yesterday. Our mail had a snow hold because of our mailbox being buried, so it may have come even sooner!
Go take a read. One thing he didn't mention in this letter but said to a friend was that he and his roomates are all trying to receive more blessings of obedience by going to bed 30 minutes earlier and getting up 30 minutes earlier! I love that. Where in the world would you find young men of that age doing such a thing?
His letter blog can be found here. By the way, I renamed him Elder Texas. :-)
p.s. UPDATE: we just received an email a few minutes ago! Double prizes!
3 comments:
Hey Em--Just read his letter. What a great kid. So glad you finally got one after a long week. I loved your post about him leaving. It made me cry, and feel your heartbreak. I'm not looking forward to going through that. But remember how stressed you were at times when you first moved in, worrying about Benson? You done good, Mama.
Hey Em--Just read his letter. What a great kid. So glad you finally got one after a long week. I loved your post about him leaving. It made me cry, and feel your heartbreak. I'm not looking forward to going through that. But remember how stressed you were at times when you first moved in, worrying about Benson? You done good, Mama.
Oops! I guess instead of double prizes its double comments:)
Post a Comment