Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween and Drugs. Not the kind where you have to check the wrappers, though.

I'm dying with a pinched nerve/bulging disc in my neck.  The pain travels over my left arm and shoulder too, so I allow myself some happy drugs when it gets really bad.

The happy drugs are having a strange effect on my view of Halloween this year.

For some reason, Hallowen is hilarious.
Like everything is super funny when it probably isn't.

Exhibit A:  Alex with muscles.



Exhibit B:  My backlit microwave face. 
Who spookifies their microwave?


Exhibit C:  Coming home and finding chores not done.

That's not even funny on paper, but then it IS when you find your daughters outside instead swinging on the tire swing all dressed up as witches and they don't know you are home yet.


Exhibit D:  I'm laughing my head off, so to speak, at headstones.

I've been looking online to add to my graveyard and can't wait to make more.  Ones I love but can't use: "Phil McCrackin", "Helen Wheels", "Amanda Hugginkiss".


Exhibit E:  vinyl bats added all over my house.

Since why should bats make me smile? 
Since because I feel all homemakey.


BEST OF ALL
Exhibit F:  Monster eyes added to my house windows.

Glowing because I used tissue paper. 
My kids think I'm genius.  Maybe I am.

Add some teeth to the garage door.  I'm cracking up every time the garage door opens and the teeth chomp.
Chomp.  Chomp.

Happy Halloween, and that's not the drugs talking.


Three things:
1.  Candy instead of roses from the hubby.  He rocks.
2.  Getting an MRI and x-ray on Monday.  Hoping I can keep the x-ray for my halloween decorations.
3.  Physical therapy is a better option than at home where I want to chew my arm off because of the pain.

Cute Alex in a glow in the dark skeleton shirt. 
Wish I had one to wear on Monday to my x-ray.  But then that would probably be another super funny moment to me when it really isn't.

"Halloween is when insanity and sanity are on common ground." 
 I think that sounded deep and I made it up myself and looks important when you change the font.  I could be wrong about Halloween, though. 

That quote was definitely the drugs talking this time.

10 comments:

Maryn said...

Is this pinched nerve thing new? I hope everything works out!

P.S. Your monster house is AWESOME. I think I like the eyes on it better than Calico's. They're more spooky. You're so lucky your house was built like that so you can actually DO the monster house! I wanted to so badly, but my house just wouldn't work.

Sovic Clan said...

I heard you were on Happy Drugs! Call me late at night when you are giggling like crazy, I know it happens:) Take care of yourself lady!

Heather Rice said...

I meant to ask you why you were at Physical Therapy!!! I am sorry that you are in pain...I hope you can get some relief soon...or at least more permanent relief! :) Keep us posted!

Julie Smith said...

Oh, Em I'm sorry you're feeling cruddy but I love the monster eyes and teeth. Sheer brilliance!

cally said...

I love it!

{the house, not the pain and suffering}

Brooke Peterson said...

Oh man you are fun even when you are in pain. You have very lucky children. And that super hero couldn't be any cuter.

Hope you feel better soon.

xo Brooke

Jeannette said...

It looks like Alex, aka the muscle man, could give you a little physical therapy... Your house looks cool! Have you seen our house now that Stefanie has "creeped" it up? Maybe that's why my heart is giving me problems. I'm getting a Holter monitor today and you are getting an x-ray. Why do we both have to be "out" at the same time? You're supposed to take care of your mommy, err, mummy.

Lekili said...

You are definitely the coolest Emily. Can't wait for your arm and neck to feel better. When are we crafting again?

The Littlest Moons said...

Do you have any idea how much I love your guts? Seriously, I am so stinkin glad I got to know you and learn from you! I hope I can be such a fun mom and take full advantage of all the little moments that make life so great. Your family is darling and I hope they are taking great care of you while you are hurting! I hate pain, but kinda love happy pills. They don't give them here after you have a baby so I guess I will have to have another child to get some more. (Because I don't want the neck pain to be a reason for them..again so sorry!)

Cindy said...

So sorry that you are in pain. I hope you are feeling better. I think your monster house is awesome. Maybe I will try to steal that idea for our house next Halloween. Alex is extremely adorable!