Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chick Schtick

 Coming from a family of all girls, I "get" what girls are all about.


I "get" the love of projects.


 I "get" the love of cooking. 
(Wow. Colored snickerdoodle cookies.)


I even "get" the love for combining art and food.
1.  Color a picture with crayons.
2.  Soak art in karo syrup
3.  let hang to dry
4.  lick your picture to your heart's content. 
(whodathunk?)
 (Are crayons non-toxic?)

But I might have expected my boys to think up the pranks. 
Not my girls.
"Mom, don't look in the top of the freezer."

Why?

That isn't... what I think it.... is.
Is it?

 Yup.  A barbie head.  Frozen.
In green colored water.

I think they got my genes for sick humor. 
Sweet. 
 Having girls just keeps getting better.

6 comments:

englandmom14 said...

I know right? Girls are amazing and (difficult? did i say that out loud? lol) creatures. What is really special to me is the bond that sisters can have. my girls are 13 years apart in age and soooooo close! It has been fun to watch them go from a brand-new teen with a baby sister to a 27+ year old married sister with a newlyish (it should so be a word, lol) teen sister. Their relationship has evolved and grown stronger over time. Anyway, i also wanted to say that when you post on your blog and i see your face at the top i JUST HAVE TO SMILE! i miss you! love ya

Jen said...

Ben and I are enjoying the Barbie head very much. Ohmygoodness!! Your girls are hilarious. I grew up with five sisters and I miss that girl-bond with my boys. They are definitely bonded in their own way, but I don't necessarily "get" it. I wish they would do projects....no go so far.

Sovic Clan said...

Your girls are WAY too awesome!!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME! I think I want to steal that to scare my kids. You should share that at one of their violin/harp recitals. Not all sisters get along so well. It's great that they do.

Julie Smith said...

That is so funny. We have all of the crafts and baking going on, but so far no sick humor. Perhaps it's just a matter of time.

Jeannette said...

Reminds me of a time when you and (was it Jennifer too?) ripped the head off the "Baby Beth" doll and made your sister cry for 6 months. Surely you remember laughing your own heads off over that. (NO PUN of course) Humm, did you forget about that little incident?