
"Everybody wishes they had a Jackson! All the moms in the world aren't lucky but you are mom, because you have me!" Absolutely true reminders that I hear on a daily basis from him... and yes, I taught him to believe this about our relationship. He is four, totally loveable and adores me. I wish there was a way to freeze everything just as it is...
All of this probably worked in his favor this past week. That, and I must be becoming a seasoned mom. Oh, yes, and it helps to be child #5 (don't have to break mom and dad in)....
Remember a few posts ago when Jackson brilliantly wrote all the names on the Christmas presents for me? I couldn't have been prouder! His favorite pastime is writing and drawing and I've really meant to get around to buying washable markers... So the other night,
we were out on a date-night and received a call that Jackson had drawn some giraffes (representing me, Jessica, and himself)... with the sharpie... colored in solid... and it had bled through the THIN paper onto the kitchen table... so Jessica was doing her best to wipe it off, but it wasn't coming off very well she said.We came home to some big green eyes of Jackson's, who watched my expression and said "I thought you were going to be mad at me, Mom. At least there is a lot of brown left!" And my response? "No, mommy's not mad. It's a beautiful picture. Don't worry, we'll find a way to get it off the table." The funny thing? I actually wanted to keep it for awhile, maybe even forever.
That's how I know
I've seasoned. :)
5 comments:
You handled that very well! Jackson IS lucky to have you for his mom! What a cutie (and a great artist!:)
It really is a beautiful picture. :-)
Emily, you are such a good mom and I feel so guilty. Right before Christmas, Bethany wrote a message in pen on my dresser and I could not get it off no matter how I tried. I told her if we couldn't get it off, we were returning her Christmas presents and using the money to buy a new dresser. I am so mean. Of course I apologized later, but I am now chastened and will be better in the future. (To be fair, though, Bethany is almost 8 and should know better by now.:))
Thanks for sharing your story. Jackson will always remember that he is more important to you than a table.
Em, Jackson is so sweet. Reminds me of my relationship with little Joe. How fun to have that on your table. I think I would have loved it too. I didn't think it was so cute though when Becca stabbed the couch twice with scissors and now it is tearing. I didn't yell though! ;)
Post a Comment