al..... Josh was cruising through the book section (after begging me for an exercise trampoline and a giant bag of ball pit balls) and found a book that he refused to let me see, but insisted on buying. He showed it to Benson and they both were SURE they had to get it, no matter what. "But don't let mom see because if she does, it will blow our cover."Cover? What cover? Now they had my attention.
But try as I might to sneak a peak at the book, I could not see what it was. They were
double teaming me! After multiple sly attempts at getting close enough to grab-- and being unsuccessful, I did what any mother would do: began wrestling my son-- to the floor-- trying to grab the book. We were all laughing hysterically, and then Benson starts shouting out, "That's not his Mom! Stranger danger!" WHAT?!?!
? Now I'm laughing AND embarrassed AND weakened to the point that Josh got away AGAIN. One more grab/wrestle attempt and I swiped the book. Ah, *victory*... that might have come with the cost of an arrest, but sweet all the same. Can you believe that accusation?? Stranger Danger, my foot. My boys have got bigger things to worry about now: MOM!What was the book, you ask? "How to Fake Being Sick and Get Away With It." (Josh claims I have never let him stay home from school to be sick.)
Cover blown. Don't mess with Mom-- I'm on the case! (I'll give him something to be sick about...)No book purchase in the end, and no arrest on my rap sheet. But I'll be giggling myself to sleep tonight, I'm sure. I hope they always remember that I am fun enough to wrestle them in a thrift store over a book while being accused of kidnapping my own 13 year old son! Whatever!
6 comments:
That is hilarious! You are such a fun family! :^>
Smart boys! You had better watch out!
I bet they would have really gotten sick if you would have purchased the bag of balls!! Those things harbor germs.
That is so funny. I took Aaron to the video store once when he was about 5 years old. When I told him to get over to the line and stay with me, he yelled out "That's not my mom!" Turkey!
Awesome story. :) That made me laugh - especially the stranger danger part. You are a great example of a fun Mom. Your kids will remember that story forever!
That's my girl.... keep them wondering what mom might do next. Keeps them from thinking they know what you'll do. Just like a few times we had together.....
Post a Comment