
So Friday I ventured out for my biggest outing with the new babe. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple Open House with my four youngest (doesn't that sound weird). Anyway, we had an AMAZING experience and it was so worth packing around the big ol' diaper bag and carrying the car seat that began to feel like 300 pounds by the second hour (where WAS Michael? Oh, yeah, working. He attended with our older boys when the youth went.)
Two major highlights:
1. On the shuttle bus ride over, I reminded Jackson that he needed to be reverent because we would be visiting Heavenly Father and Jesus's house. His eyes bugged out and he said "I didn't know we were going to His house!!" The thing is, Jackson talks about Jesus ALL THE TIME, more than he speaks of any of his friends, reminding me that Jesus could fix the remote or that Jesus can fly or that Jesus is the nicest person in the world because he loves everyone, etc. So this was a big occassion to actually go to his house! I agreed but tried to downplay it so that he wouldn't get his hopes up. On the wa
y out he was non-stop about all the things he saw and how many rooms Jesus's house has. "I looked everywhere but I didn't see him, Mom. But maybe he will come back later. I just haven't seen him for a long time." I was touched that he was literally looking for Jesus and wondered at his simple faith. I could take a lesson.2. Jessica and Aubrey were soaking in all the beauty and expressed their desire to do baptisms for the dead as soon as they turn 12, wanting to return to this very temple. We walked into the bride's dressing room and suddenly I was able to catch a glimpse of their future and it took away my breath. My sweet girls are on their own course and will hopefully return to the tem
ple someday to make their own covenants. They looked more grown up and beautiful than ever and I realized that this open house could be an important reference point for them. I was able to answer their questions simply and marveled at the Lord's guidance I was given.What a great day, one I will always remember.
Especially the part where Jackson asked, "Why is the baptismal font on top of all those reindeer?"
5 comments:
So you came to MY temple! It's beautiful, isn't it. Can't wait for it to be dedicated. Love your entry and the adorable pictures of your children. (Those are mighty big reindeer!)
Hey old neighbor, long time no see. I think I found your blog through Kim's. I love this blogging world. It is great that we can still keep in touch with our friends from the "old neighborhood." So please add us to your list of blogging friends.
That looks like a lot of fun. It's been awhile since we've been to any temple open houses.
Well Hello Miss Emily, long time no see. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am so glad I found ya. Now I can stalk you on blogger. Are you guys still in Bountiful? What's new with ya?
Emily, I love your blog! Glad to see you're all doing well. You have a GREAT family! Email me and I'll send you an invite to my blog. jenandmarty@xmission.com
Post a Comment