Monday, June 22, 2009

It was Moabsolutely What We Needed!!

Who knew that this short trip to Moab would be so important? I might have forgotten how much we need to connect as a nuclear (nucular) family, have our own inside jokes and spending time with just each other. Clearly we were reminded, and we loved it!


Upon arriving at our campground and making dinner, we were commenting to the kids how beautiful the view was. Josh: "I could see the view better if the mountains weren't in the way...."

Sheesh. Did I mention we have obnoxious kids sometimes? I love it!


Our KOA campground was not bad, considering it was mostly a parking lot for your stuff at night. It had nice bathrooms/showers, a pool and a pathetic mini golf course, but to our kids it was considered luxury camping (their words!).






















The hiking itself wasn't too hot or hard and Alex just tagged along happily in the backpack carrier.








What a crew we were going anywhere!




Captain Jack as we affectionately started calling him, was totally in his element with rocks and climbing.


I loved connecting with my girls and found out these girls are tough and athletic and ready for all adventures!





We had fun looking for lizards. OH LOOK!! There's a big one on the rock, cooling herself down! Real wildlife, you know!?


The campsite wasn't exactly hang-out worthy, so we were thrilled when we discovered this aMAZing musical instrument park. We probably went back there to play and eat 2 or 3 times.


Josh was loving this part of the trip. Who knows, maybe this park idea might spark an Eagle Scout Project? He loved getting creative and we enjoyed every minute of it. I loved getting an impromptu concert!






The games of the trip turned out to be "Pit" and "Bocce". It's so fun to have our kids old enough to play some of OUR favorite games. Don't get me wrong, Chutes and Ladders was fun the first 50 times.... but they were adding their own humor and strategies so we had a BLAST!!













Moab was good to us, and thankfully, we were good to Moab (no arches fell down while we were there. I consider that a minor miracle.)

This test run was a good indicator that our trip in August to San Fransisco will be a winner. I love our not so little motley crew!

5 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Fun! I love southeastern Utah. That's why we're there at least 4 times a year. Couldn't you meet us in Monticello next time you go?

Robin Grant said...

Looks like fun. We have always wanted to go there but something else always comes up. Glad you had a great time. Lots of smiles.

Sovic Clan said...

I LOVE your pics! I can tell from them how much fun your family had!

Isn't it so great to connect with your family outside of everyone's comfort zone?

And I agree, we should hang out MORE!!!

Leah said...

How inspiring! You look so dang pretty it is breathtaking.

Kathryn said...

Great Times! You will cherish this memory forever... and so will your kids!