OK, it is our local monster/myth... but I crossed paths with a mountain lion two nights ago. There have been other sightings and a pet's demise here or there blamed on the creature over the years. But a mountain lion coming into our neighborhood? I had dismissed the idea long ago.
It was a dark and eery night, much like most nights after tithing settlement, when I was driving home... and I beheld a dog, or what methinks is a dog, sauntering along on the sidewalk in front of the Evans and Malan's homes. This dog-like creature however was not satisfied with my underestimation of his true form, so he bolted in front of my car as to be fully lit up in headlights, causing me to brake and stare open mouthed while Jessica exclaimed, "Did you see that?"
The size of a large dog, it ran stealthily-- like a cat. Lightly colored with distinct spots and a stubbed tail half way down. It turned and looked at us just before dropping down into the ravine as if to say, "Oh, yes. You have glimpsed. The legend is real, and I will not let you sleep at night. Perhaps Santa and his reindeer are the one's who'd 'better watch out'..."
The nerve of a mountain lion speaking to me that way, coming into our neighborhood like he's the top of the food chain.
I am taking neighborhood action and posting this sign everywhere:
Good thing I have extra kids.

4 comments:
one thought: the size of the kid you offer should be in direct proportion to how far you are from safety. If it is a short distance a small child will do. if the distance to safety is longer, offer a larger child so the "eating" will give you time to make it safely home. just a thought!
Yes. That is a good poster to have around. We used to have 6 children until we started kayaking and hiking in remote areas. Those other two know what their purpose is now. HEEHEEHEEHEEHEE And for some reason the remaining four children won't go with me anymore.
Love the poster! I now know what to do! I love your posts! Thanks for the laughs!
Thanks for sharing a Stefanie update. We love her. I remember Kaleb when he was just a baby!
I can't wait to see the Christmas Devotional. I've always complained that they show way too many singers and not enough of the symphony members playing. I have seen you a few times over the years!!! I LOVE it when we finally spot you! :)
Post a Comment