- My sister, Cynthia, came down with her kids for the weekend and we had a fab time.
- We also had a V-Day dinner down at the in-laws on Sunday that blew my diet out of the water because those peeps know how to COOK. So fun.
- My bedroom was "heart attacked" Saturday night by my kids and Emily S.'s gang while we were out at a Valentine's Dance. They even put hearts on the toilet. So romantic.
Rachel's Rolls at the in-laws dinner
My dad hangin with us for Valentine's
- Since school was out today, we couldn't miss making heart sugar cookies. The rainy day made it even more "perfecter". I have the best recipe if you like soft sugar cookies, so I'll put it in my comments for this post. MMMM.
So here's the story: We spent Saturday night at an Adult Stake Valentine's dinner and dance, and we CUT A RUG, I tell you what. Although rusty at first (Michael's warm up move was a mosh pit bounce- yikes) we were soon bringing back our swing dance favorites. I love dancing with Michael. He is strong and confident and he even dips me, which feels a little romantic. That reminds me of my most memorable dip.....
We were at a similar Valentine's Dance about 5 years ago and Michael twirled me back against his knee for a dip, when.... his feet tangled.... and I dropped clear to the floor. And he fell on top of me. Audible gasps from the ladies. Tsks from the men. Guttural laughs from me. I remember it fondly, and he tries to ban it from my memory. Too late. I want to be old on a front porch swing able to remember that with a giggle (even if I have Alzheimer's).
But he DOES like to remember another time we were dancing. Our wedding. I had my band there to play and my sister Jennifer and I broke out our fiddles (we had a double wedding reception- two brides!) and we played some SWEET Orange Blossom Special.
The band kept going, so Michael pulled me out to the middle of the floor so we could show off our country dance moves. I was whipped around and we were on our game. He gave me the look, which meant "let's do a stunt" and the next thing I knew... wedding dress and all, Michael flipped me.
Have you ever seen feet sticking out of a dress like that?
Good times.
Good times.



12 comments:
Yummy #25 Sugar Cookies
1 cube butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 c. flour
350 for 8-10 minutes. Top with your favorite frosting/glaze/sprinkles/love.
Why the name Yummy #25? Well, it stands out in my collection of sugar cookie recipes (I have at least 8) but this recipe was developed in a poor starving student's apartment: #25. I think the sour cream is the key to it's yumminess.
My goodness girl! That is an amazing picture!!!
Oh, Emily! You make me laugh every time. Love the flip!!
love the post. sounds like a good weekend. love the new family pic and blog background. good work! you are one crazy chiquita! don't ever get sane, you'd be boring! lol
You crack me up! I tried to get Jon to have a double wedding reception with Brett and I but they opted to have their own a few months later, after their own wedding. Who-da thunk? :D Fun times those love parties of yours!
I had no idea how truly cool you are.
Emily, thanks for your comment on my Babes a la Mode blog! Yes, Peter Prier could learn some things from my mad skills. I love your "Jacksonisms."
You guys are hip man. I'll bet no one else has a wedding picture like that.
If only I had known when I woke up this morning that all I had to do to get a belly laugh was check your blog and I would see not just a double wedding (always wanted to see one!), but fiddling brides, a flipping bride, and two very hot young Rices. Ahh, it's a good day.
P.S. You didn't mention the beer.
I WANT THIS FAMILY PICTURE. There, it's in writing. I need it for my refridgerator to show everyone who comes into my kitchen AND make it snappy.
What a great picture (of your feet and wedding dress)...I am lol! I have seen you pop by several times and am so glad I took the time to come by. I will be back daily now. I love it when family goes all out for VD. My mom use to and I did too. I still do fun things but I use to get carried away. Now I keep thinking of all the putting away that goes with it (like Christmas)...and it's work!
Thanks again for being such a faithful follower! :) Enjoy your day!
it's official: you are now my hero.
Post a Comment