Michael is on the far right.
The guy in the gray suit is a developer Michael works with. Everyone was surprised that he showed up in a suit. It still had the tags on it. He returned his suit within the hour. Seriously.
We rode back to his office with a couple of co-workers, one of which was drumming up interest in his "Olympic Challenge" idea. Maybe you've heard that McDonald's is running a deal on the weekends because of the Olympics-- 50 chicken nuggets for $10. Can one eat 50 chicken nuggets? That was the question. McDonald's missed their biggest PR promotion ever.
The "convincing" stats he used to try and entice co-workers? 50 nuggets are "only 2,300 calories total". And how about "50 nuggets equals 1 3/4 pounds of chicken!". Utterly. Disgusting. But it peaked my interest. What is wrong with me? I'm like someone who can't look away from a train wreck. So I stuck around, smelling a blog post coming on.
8 people signed up (I gracefully bowed out). Michael called in the order for 400 nuggets, plus a diet coke for the boss. The manager of McDonald's personally came out and greeted them to thank them for their order. Three large bags later and the goods were delivered to the conference room table.
Each pack had 10 nuggets.
The Olympic Theme was played on someone's computer, and the competitors began.
Go Michael!
At first, it was quite enjoyable. Many remarked that they hadn't eaten nuggets since they were kids, and that they taste better than they remembered. I had a couple and you really should try it with the buffalo sauce. MMMM.
Don't look at the nutritional info.
Michael isn't the super competitive type like I am, so he was not pushing for the win. Boring. He even shared his nuggets with Alex. (Glad to know he likes those now)
Alex doesn't quite look like himself here. Maybe he's got his game face on.
But Art and David started getting serious. Art had to get up and walk around after box 3. David, who is Peruvian, seemed to not even be challenged by the fowl intake.
Art. It was all his idea. Notice the tucked in tie.
David. Going for gold. Not a problem.
Art struggled and looked sick, but he made it to 51. But David sailed past him and took the gold with 54 chicken nuggets. Beginning to end? Maybe 20 minutes. 1 and 3/4 lb. o' chicken? The Colonel and Ronald would be so proud.
The ugly aftermath.
p.s. No chickens were harmed in the McDonald's Olympic Chicken Nugget Challenge. I think. (Since it's not really meat.)
2 comments:
I might have gotten a little ill at the thought of eating that many nuggets. But, congratulations to Michael for accomplishing such a feat! And for the great work he's done for the state, too.
I think you should blog about Michael's honor. Tell us more about this award... or are you too "chicken?"
Post a Comment