I am very selective about being crafty.
It's messy. The whole house gets messy while I'm being crafty since I'm ignoring responsibilities. (Grasshopper- 1, Ant- 0)
So it has to be worth putting us all through reckless abandon. It doesn't happen very often, but.... hold on.... it might have ACTUALLY happened. And more than once recently.
First it started with Aubrey's flower clip making birthday party two months ago. A mom and a glue gun and a warehouse full of child laborers later (China is on to something) and we were the envy of boutique stores everywhere.
Then I got the great idea to make aprons for the girls for Christmas. Not just any aprons, but RUFFLY ones. No, I did not stop there ....but made identical ruffly aprons for their dolls. SQUEAL!! Reciprocated squeals were unleashed Christmas morning. Made me feel like supermom.
This next craft was my idea, but I handed it over to Lynde (adoptive mom) to make for me and my sister and my mom (we each got one). Didn't Hayden's little hand turn out beautiful? It made my Christmas having it on my tree. Thank you, Lynde.
Moving on to something "different". I like to give my choir/orchestra friends a little gift at Christmas so I found old MoTab records at the DI and melted them into bowls and put treats in them. I told Mack Wilberg not to use his as an ash tray, with it being MoTab and all. He had a hearty ho-ho over that! They were fun to make, anyhow. (Turns out one of them had a live spider in it. Merry Christmas Rachel.)
I don't know if this qualifies as crafty, but I made a photo calendar for my family and my sisters' families using pictures I have taken this year. Side note: digital memory making is where it's at, yo. I converted 3 years ago to digital scrapbooking and will never go back. Like the feel of paper in your hand? Over-rated.
Last but not least, I am loving making flowers lately. My friend L showed me how so we are new best friends! My girls and I put them on headbands, my purse, hair clips, and even on the girls' aprons. Who knew we could be such fashionistas?
Whew! Better pull the house back together and get my craft OFF for a little while.












9 comments:
Ok I had no idea the Mo Tab bowls were SOOO cool! And you've been making flowers? Where's mine. I could definitely find something to attach it to. Thanks for crafting enough for both of us lately. It's a good excuse for having a messy house. Got an excuse for me? Great to chat tonight.
You've hit the nail on the head as to why my house is ALWAYS a mess---I'm a perpetual crafter. I love all of the things that you did and want to make them all. Great candy dish idea. My mom's going to need one of those...
btw what a FUN idea for a birthday party! I'm sure they had a riot.
Wow, you really had your craft on. I use to craft...I miss it...you might have inspired me.
So darn cute Emily! You are brilliant--in way too many ways! We need to come up with another project to get together on...I loved that afternoon.
You are WAY too crafty!! Goodness girl! The bowls are AMAZING!! Love the idea. Love the flowers! I too want one! Teach me!!!
I have to know how you made those awesome flowers. And at what temperature, and for how long did you bake the records? Oh my, I'm loving that idea.
I love the hand print ornaments, and the aprons are just adorable. Nice work, domestic goddess!
I love the stuff you've done. Especially the records. Where in the world did you get that idea? Were you worried your house was going to be full of toxic fumes after melting them?
You're so much fun!
BTW - the security word they are asking me to type in is ablerpoo. Hope it isn't a bad omen for you or me. :)
Miranda went to a flower clip making party and she loved it. Now I want to copy it but I have to wait a dignified amount of time to not seem like a copy cat. How do you make those awesome flowers and aprons?
Post a Comment