Friday, April 16, 2010

The Show Must Go On!!

The season of musicals hit our family like poprocks in a baby's mouth.  (Do we need to go into that story?)  This last month was explosive.  It was intense.  It was exciting.  Most of all, they dominated everything else going on at the moment.

The elementary school musical, Aladdin Jr., was produced by professionals from the local theater and it was FANTASTIC.  Both casts put on great shows, and both of my girls performed in both casts.  Very bothly.  I also was in an intense orchestra performance run the same week, so it was "fasten your seatbelt" time.  And we all know what that means.

Aubrey is in the lower right side with one hand up.  Ta dah!


Jessica was a harem dancer. 
I accidentally called her a harlot dancer.  My bad.


Jessica is on the left of the parrot.  Don't they all look like midget actors?


Aubrey was a townspeople and an acrobat.


She has some mad back walkover skills.  Takes after me.



Two weeks later it was Josh's turn.  One of my favorite shows:  Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.  He was cast as an Egyptian Guard and as one of the best lookin' shepherds, cowboys and hippies ya evah saw. 

See a resemblance?  I think it's the guy-liner those Egyptians liked to wear.


Whew.  It's hard to see the Technicolor loincloth that I sewed (see previous post).


(Cough) Um, Josh you are smiling right at the camera. 
And just LOOK at that finely sewed head wrap.  Worka art.


Where else would you see such fine young men at that age dancing for fun?


My Dad and Mom after the show.  Both sets of grandparents came and I went at least 3 times. Front row, baby! 
That long hair was for the show and was chopped shortly after even though I kinda liked it.

So much work but what a blast.  There was nowhere else I'd rather be than watching my kids be a part of creating that kind of magical entertainment.  I laughed my bum off at all the funny parts and then got a little teary with pride, so I think I collected some drops in my mom bucket.

4 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Your kids are amazing!! What a busy life, but would we really want to trade it???:)

englandmom14 said...

great post em, and great to have you back! now i know why you hadn't posted for a bit! what a busy and wonderful life you have. the kids all looked fab and like they were having so much fun. that is what it is all about right? you rock!

Julie Smith said...

Did you get some video clips? I must see!

Jeannette said...

I loved all the pictures. It was fun to see Jennifer's kids and how they have grown - or in some cases - haven't.... I'm so glad you were able to make that trip. When your kids get older and have jobs and stuff those kinds of trips vanish so I think you were lucky to be able to do that now.

A few comments on some of the pictures: Jackson is cute to say licer-drivence. I loved the "no ot of town chicks". Lana looks great - so fun for both of you to see each other. I liked the shadows picture and the one where Alex is trying to catch the wind is adorable. I didn't know you could grow a garden like that... Benson looks cool jumping over the water, or was that Jennifer's pool? Aubrey has enough and to spare of her hair for several people, but that was a funny picture! Poor Jessica is out for the count.... and I enjoyed both plays and you took some great pictures there, too. I hope Kaleb sees the band on Jessica's arm in that darling harem dancer picture of Jessica... Aubrey is just going to be a beautiful girl when she grows up and it was fun to see her in the middle of a walkover.. Josh looks like a model coming down the runway in the picture of him and I especially like the picture of Dad hugging Josh at the end. So cute... so warm... all so fun.