Friday, November 5, 2010

Cut the P.S.'s

Tell me if I crossed the line.

I emailed a blurb to the lady who makes the programs for church:

"We are in need of several musical numbers for Christmas. Please donate your musical number for the benefit of the world to Emily Rice at xxx-xxxx. If you have nothing to donate, please beg your friends to donate. All donations will be accepted.
P.S. We are sorry, we cannot accept tenor sackbut solos at this time because it isn't on the approved instrument list.
P.P.S The sackbut is a trombone from the Renaissance and Baroque Eras. Now you know."


Josh dared me to send it and then Michael just pushed send.  This might be the shortest calling I've ever had since I just got it last week.

3 Things:
1.  backspacing
2.  the ability to impress a teenager with a musical word
3. of course, "sackbuts"

6 comments:

Robin Grant said...

Oh my gosh Emily! You are so funny!!! I'd love to read that in my ward's bulletin. Good luck with your calling.

Maryn said...

You are one of my very favorite people. You already knew that, but I thought I'd tell you again since you're so awesome.

Jenn said...

You crack me up. I too would love to read that in our ward bulletin. wonder what all the fuddie-duddies would say to that? maybe I should steal that... I have to come up with a Relief Society Christmas program...and soon!

Sovic Clan said...

You rock lady! Save me program since I won't be there tomorrow:)

Lekili said...

Dang. Did I somehow miss that in the program?

Emily said...

I KNOW, right? I was all excited to see the program, and it wasn't there in any shape or form. Either I sent it to the wrong email or she is seriously censoring me!