Tuesday, November 23, 2010

April Fool's.

April Fools Day may very well be the holiday that Josh LIVES for.

Josh, 14
He spends weeks walking around with a secret notepad taking notes in preparation for the BIG DAY.  I'm not kidding.  He loves it that much.  And with Josh you know you better plan for the worst.

At 5 am Michael and I woke to strange sounds in the house.  "It's Josh." I hear Michael say.  We roll back into our pillows with a shudder.

By 7am the ruckus begins.  I sort of know where to look for a few things.  Check the toilet for ketchup packages.  Yep.



"Mom, there's PEANUT BUTTER on the bathroom handle!!!"  Squealed one of the girls.  Uh, huh.  Of course there is.


If peanut butter is good, so is honey.  (Which dripped on the carpet and is still there to this day thank you Josh)

 Gotta love that the computer doesn't work.  Or does it?
 


Papa taught him the ol' kitchen sprayer trick.  The handle is already squeezed (with tape) waiting to be turned on to an unsuspecting mom.


 Now it gets even better.  I think this was the sound we woke up to at 5 am.  Duct tape being pulled.  Across the hallway-to-the-bedrooms door.  Nice.

What we didn't know was that duct tape was being pulled downstairs as well.  On Jackson.  While he slept.  Jackson woke up to this but I can't say he wasn't actually loving it, too.  Is this normal between brothers???
 
I had one little surprise for Josh, however.  The ol' eggshells in the shoes bit.
Two-shay.

He's not the only one that loves this holiday.  *insert evil laugh*

p.s. Suggestions for next year?  Givem up.  I wanna hear em.
oh, and p.p.s.  Please don't call Child Protective Services.

3 comments:

Maryn said...

You have no idea how jealous I am of you and your lens. Seriously. That first picture is AWESOME! It is yours, right?

Lekili said...

Oops. Left my comment on your "catch up" post.

Such good lookin' boys you have!

Jeannette said...

I could mention a few jokes you pulled on April Fool's day and I will unless you pay me not to.