Sunday, August 30, 2009

This One's for Kathryn.....

Everyone thank Kathryn who actually "says" she wants to see my scar/owie. They won't let me hike up my black skirt on stage in the Tabernacle, so....


Here's 1 week after the surgery:

A) Steri strips starting to age. Oh, goody..... almost time to unwrap and look at the carnage!

B) A little bruising from the MILLION shots they had to give me to numb it up. Plus the five additional when I FELT some cutting.











Here's 2 weeks after the surgery:

A) Notice the bulging on the sides. Yeah, that's because the doc says my leg is a conical surface. Not COMICAL. Conical means cone shaped, get out your geometry books. Mmmmm. Reminds me of ice cream....

B) The other reason it looks bulgy is because of THE MISSING FAT in the middle he had to take. He took fat clear to the muscle just to be careful that he got everything. I encouraged him to take AS MUCH as he wanted. Chinsy doctor.

C) Don't worry, I'm working on replacing the fat ASAP. Even as I type. It's a tough job, but I don't want to look lumpy. "MORE ICE CREAM, STAT!"



Here's 2 weeks and 1 day after the surgery:

A) I added eyes. I don't know why this cracks me up so much. It just does.

B) My knee shouldn't look so worried. I'm all better now.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

You crack me up Emily!! :) Love that last pic with the eyeballs, that looks like something I would have done too...

englandmom14 said...

you are a certifiable nut! it looks like it hurts and itches! it seems to be healing nicely huh? i like the eyes. who would have thought to do that? well, obviously you but....
you crazy girl! Here's to smiling and healing knees....

alison said...

holy cow that scar is huge! Eeks! Love the eyes! Makes me want to stitch up my kids mouths every once in a while.

Julie Smith said...

Ow! I'm glad that sucker is healing.