Vinyl lettering on the kids (and guest) bathroom wall. Brainwashing while someone is sitting around with nothing else better to look at in the bathroom.... hmm.... cutting edge therapy. Me likey.This is so blatantly ridiculous. I love it.
Another great reminder that appearing normal -technically this is out of reach for us- is just that. An appearance.
I just realized this is the underlying style of my blog: proof that we are anything but normal... why do I do that? I don't know, but it's very liberating. To be abnormal. And have everyone know it.
p.s. Totally random, I know, but I got to play a really yummy note today on the broadcast. Every time I played it I thought, "yummy. mmmm." It was an E flat in the tonic chord of D flat major and was the last long note of the piece. Being a second violin really has perks.
7 comments:
I need to put that up in our house too! My goodness!
Let me guess, the e-flat was in "Lead Kindly Light?" -- We had it too!
Nice, Kathryn.... you guessed it. What are you saying? First violin has perks, too? I never knew....
Sovic Clan.... I know where to find them if you want one! A cute vinyl shop by the freeway onramp at 4th north going north.
Hi Kat. Love ya.
oh, and Em... love how you put that feeling of a "yummy note" into words. I know exactly what you mean. I need more of those. Love you too.
This is funny. I love the brainwashing in the bathroom? Sounds like 2nd violin is better, MUCH better than 2nd fiddle!
Emily, you are just lovely, you REALLY are. I just adore your candor and fun and realness. I find it so cool that someone of your talent is so approachable. And that someone so talented isn't so serious all the time. I'm sure you had to be pretty serious all of those 4 am mornings growing up though!
Recently by coincidence I was listening to you on TV in the background and reading your blog at the same time. It was a cool moment!
So, you need to post some video of you playing. Please oh please!!! Maybe even that yummy note you love! Or anything! Your posterity will love you for it too.
Emily,
As Im sure you heard, Jaymie lost her baby. We had the funeral today and I was the only one there taking pictures. I wondered if there was any way you could help me touch them up so they look nice for Jaymie and Mark. I don't know what kind of effort goes into this or if I'm asking too much, but I thought I'd just see what you thought. I've seen what you've done with yours and I think it would be nice. The pictures I took are anything but professional looking, and I think they would treasure them more if I could touch them up. Even if you could give me some pointers on what to do. I have no idea what programs you use or where to even start! If you want to email me at rebecker3@gmail.com that would be great! Thanks so much.
Beckee
Post a Comment