Sunday, December 5, 2010

The state of the union.

Yea-uh.  Wrapped up Amahl tonight, and the Messiah last week.  Which I broke my G string during.  Hold the jokes, please.  That's the lowest string on my violin and I had to fake play the low notes since I was audience trapped.  It couldn't end fast enough.  Hallelujah.

Tomorrow night, the First Presidency Christmas devotional.
 *insert pinching self since 6 weeks ago my neck and I were not best friends.

BUT, lest you think I am doing EVERYTHING....

I've skipped:
Festival of Trees
City Light Parade
Naps
Doing much laundry

I got the tree up yesterday and relived one of my childhood favorites of sleeping on the couch in front of the lit tree all night.  I love that.  I might have to do it again soon.

Three things I am grateful for:
1.  Shopping mostly done
2.  Music, a pillar in my life
3.  My new discovery of Diet Coke (before 5 pm only, lesson learned)

3 comments:

Julie Smith said...

My Messiah experience is over too. I had to give the closing prayer in front of the entire stake following the Hallelujah Chorus. Can you imagine? I would rather have given it last night at the conference center practically. :)

Lekili said...

I absolutely do not know how you are keeping your head on...no way I could ever do it.

Jeannette said...

Didn't I tell you when you were little that one day you would BEG to have a nap? What can I say?