Monday, February 14, 2011

I Heart You Day

Hap Hap Happy Day.
Valentines Day.

I'm not a hopeless romantic, but I love any excuse for sugar cookies and creative outlets!  Getting spoiled by Michael is always a bonus.

He totally scored this year.  Friday night, under a street light, he gave me a beautiful necklace with our children's names and a wrist corsage.  (It sounds really romantic -and it was- but we found ourselves last minute with no babysitters so our date consisted of walking down the street and back instead of going to a dance.  Sad.)


And we all are very excited about the Valentines the kids are passing out this year.  We saw this on the internet and I found out my sister in law did the exact same thing!!  Great minds think alike!

First we started with taking a photo like this:


Just add sucker, and WALAH!



Same site had another cute idea that Jessica adopted:

candy hearts box turned ipod

This morning we gave the kids small boxes of chocolate and I was telling Jackson that it's so he knows that we love him- forever. He warmly hugged me back and told me "I'll love YOU forever, mom."

I'm totally converted to Valentines Day.

p.s.  Today marks our 3rd anniversary of living in our house!  Now THAT was a memorable Valentine's Day.  The moving truck slid down the driveway, huge storm, into the cable truck.  Lovely.  Police showing up on our first day here.  "Hi, We're the Rices!!"

6 comments:

FLEUR de Lo said...

Ain't the Internet grand? Love the Valentine's!

Karilee said...

But boy are you ever worth it!!

Debra said...

What fun! I loved the necklace your hubby gave you and the beautiful yellow rose. Sound like the Rice family made the best of this sugar coated sweet holiday.

Jeannette said...

What a beautiful necklace and flowers too? How romantic!! You rock, Michael!!! And you are one lucky woman, Emily!!!

Jeannette said...

Clever valentines by the kids. I think Jessica's valentine was very inventive. How Fun!!

Diane said...

Kath said I would love the necklace...I do! And while she says we lead parallel lives...I really thought so and then I read you moved into your house on Valentine's Day?? ME TOO...I know, no way.....WAY!