My kids are now familiar with some awesome CLASSIC rock literature, and that brings a tear to my eye. (My teen years were spent with the Beatles, birkenstocks and all....)
As a special note, Josh, as a school officer, entertained the entire junior high student body with "Yellow Submarine" during a lull at a school assembly... thank you Rockband.
SO.
I had a thought. Gather up my professional musician friends and have a rockband party, and see if their mad skills on the violin give them any advantage. We could smoke the levels (so to speak).
Prego Kiersten, rockin the drums
I was worried it would put her into labor
Sarah Jane, guitar extraordinaire
I wanted her to get crazy jumping off furniture but she's too refined for that
I had to be the vocalist since I knew the words
I pretty much scored 100%, not to brag
My basement was turned into a psychedelic sub woofin par-tay minus the daisies.
Wish I had a disco ball. Next party.
Gotta love musicians and their tenacious drive when challenged.
I swear, the auditions for the orchestra should include a sight reading test using this game. Maybe even for the singers, too. I'll have to bring it up.





4 comments:
oooh oooh can I come?? I've even got a disco ball (true story)
I hijacked your pics. That was so fun. Let's do it again!
Oh Emily, you are so fun! See that's what I mean by being laid back. I never did such crazy fun things with my kids.
funny! We absolutely need to have a family rock band session! Kim and Rob are totally obsessed with the Beatles and know every freakin song! I just play the drums.
Post a Comment