Monday, April 13, 2009

On the Hunt

We attended the Easter Egg Hunt with our cousins, the Taylors who were down visiting us from out of town. It was at our local grocery store parking lot.














Jackson and his cousin... he's not really ever done a hunt that he can remember. Pick up eggs? Why? Oh, candy. It only takes seconds to process this information.
















It was like piranha out there and it gave me a panicky feeling that I couldn't easily see ANY of my kids. I took pictures randomly hoping I could track my kids down. Oh, there's Aubrey! Note to self: next year strap a bicycle flag (duck tape around the chest/back) to each of my kids, but warn them not to bend over.














Jessica was almost too old according to the rules (give her 9 more days and she'll be 11), but she wanted to squeeze in while she could this one last time.

















Did I mention that Bunny suits kinda freak me out? If I lay on a couch and talk to a therapist about it, I'll figure out that it must have something to do with my mother. Just kidding, mom.























Can you see the kid's face in the foreground, wearing brown? Click on the photo if you can't see his face clearly..... It's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, that look of sheer joy and greed that only a child can get away with. Isn't it great to be a kid?

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Whoa! Glad you and your kids weren't trampled to death!

Heather said...

Was everyone from the State of Utah invited. That is one well attended Easter Egg Hunt!! Glad you all survived.

Julie Smith said...

Wow! That is a big crowd!

englandmom14 said...

i would have so been panicking because of the crowd! i'm sure the kids had fun. did they actually come up with anything with all those kids there? crazy!