The answer, after long thought: a school mascot.
Wow. OK, sounds great.... not something we had dreamed for him when we gazed at him as a baby, but still. The idea sorta fit him actually. And really, who makes a career out of being a mascot? Don't answer that.
But alas, no school mascot at his junior high until two weeks ago when he came home with an application that someone happened to show him about being The Eagle.
So Tuesday is the big day. He found out that the actual audition would be in front of students who would vote based on the 30 seconds each contestant would be given in the costume. (Can you say, SMELLY?) He can use props, music... anything to get the crowd excited about him.
Audition: Tuesday (maybe after school or at a school assembly?)
Ideas: skateboard in, sling shot prizes or beach balls into the audience, crazy dance, moon walk
Ideas that won't work: the splits, or any gymnastics related stunt.....
Music choice: Space Jam "Are you ready for this?"
We would love any more suggestions about what would make him stand out... GO JOSH!!
4 comments:
Yes...throwing candy, prizes, crowd surfing...if any of those are legal they would be good. 30 seconds is so short! I like all of your ideas!!! Getting the crowd involved, movement that takes up the whole floor...all good. Maybe he could watch some Youtube of professional mascots. I know all of their moves are WAY over exaggerated.
I love your last couple of posts. I have actually dreamed of my oldest son becoming a school mascot some day because he already acts like one and it perfectly suits him. He is a wild dancing/cheering maniac and has no care what people think of him. Basically, he already is a mascot without the costume.
We have the Would You Rather travel game. And yes, I too take pride in my sometimes clean/usually messy house because there are WAY more important things to do in life than clean. I'm glad there is someone out there that has the same philosophy!
Good Luck, Josh! We'll be squawking for you!
Unfortunately I have ZERO suggestions as I'm far too self conscious to ever entertain the idea of such a job. WAY TO GO, JOSH! I think it's a fantastic goal. I like the YouTube idea.
That's cool. Let us know how it goes.
Post a Comment