the eagle has landed...right in the middle of the Rice household! You must me so proud of your little eaglet! i'm so glad his "dream" came true. he didn't even have to wait long for it. let us hope that his dreams for the future follow suit. thanks for sharing the video. it is fun to see a kid doing what he loves and his mom there to make it something he can watch himself. :)
Josh had his whole routine worked out and at the last minute they changed the format and suggested each contestant do a cheer first, then get the crowd to do the wave, and then dance for 30 seconds.
He had the wave incorporated into his dance portion already... and he didn't know a cheer (thank goodness the cheerleaders led this), so these changes sorta dampened his confidence.... but he pulled it off anyway!
Afterwards he said he liked the feeling he was having, and that he wasn't as nervous as he thought he'd be in it.
At bed time he said he had a really good feeling about the results. (It helped that some cheerleaders came backstage to ask who was #4... "that's me!")
When we found out right before school today, he went outside for a big yell and his victory fingers. Must be a good feeling.
It was announced at school and all day he says he was being congratulated. This is a first for him and well overdue.... he is an awesome kid, just people don't know it yet.
I am so happy for Josh!! --And so proud of him for going for it. Honestly, Em, it almost brought tears to my eyes to see the audition. What a bravehearted boy you have. I was an outgoing kid, but would have been really scared to perform like that in front of students. What a great performance. Some of us are at our best when we have just a little barrier between us and the crowd (albeit a smelly one). I often feel that way.
You're cracking me up about VT. No worries--they actually came to my house before I left and told me they were releasing me for a couple months while I'd be gone, and then when I'd first be home. But they said I could have you back when I get home. I hope they stick to it! Because that was a deal breaker. Don't let our ladies like the new girl too much. (No offense, new girl).
P.S. that secret code is swensen5@me.com. And I can receive texts here.
OH MY GOSH...that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This seriously is my dream for my child. I know, we're both weird that way! I am so glad he is living the dream and can be getting the party started at every single game. Can you think of a job that's more fun than that?! I don't think so!
Hopefully in a couple of years I will be making the exact same post.
11 comments:
the eagle has landed...right in the middle of the Rice household! You must me so proud of your little eaglet! i'm so glad his "dream" came true. he didn't even have to wait long for it. let us hope that his dreams for the future follow suit. thanks for sharing the video. it is fun to see a kid doing what he loves and his mom there to make it something he can watch himself. :)
The video didn't capture the music well, did it?
Josh had his whole routine worked out and at the last minute they changed the format and suggested each contestant do a cheer first, then get the crowd to do the wave, and then dance for 30 seconds.
He had the wave incorporated into his dance portion already... and he didn't know a cheer (thank goodness the cheerleaders led this), so these changes sorta dampened his confidence.... but he pulled it off anyway!
Afterwards he said he liked the feeling he was having, and that he wasn't as nervous as he thought he'd be in it.
At bed time he said he had a really good feeling about the results. (It helped that some cheerleaders came backstage to ask who was #4... "that's me!")
When we found out right before school today, he went outside for a big yell and his victory fingers. Must be a good feeling.
It was announced at school and all day he says he was being congratulated. This is a first for him and well overdue.... he is an awesome kid, just people don't know it yet.
Bet Josh is flying high! Congratulations to all!
Hooray! I knew he could do it! Congratulations, Josh!!
I laughed and laughed. Mascots are supposed to make you feel good. I would have voted for him too.
I am so happy for Josh!! --And so proud of him for going for it. Honestly, Em, it almost brought tears to my eyes to see the audition. What a bravehearted boy you have. I was an outgoing kid, but would have been really scared to perform like that in front of students. What a great performance. Some of us are at our best when we have just a little barrier between us and the crowd (albeit a smelly one). I often feel that way.
You're cracking me up about VT. No worries--they actually came to my house before I left and told me they were releasing me for a couple months while I'd be gone, and then when I'd first be home. But they said I could have you back when I get home. I hope they stick to it! Because that was a deal breaker. Don't let our ladies like the new girl too much. (No offense, new girl).
P.S. that secret code is swensen5@me.com. And I can receive texts here.
WAY TO GO, JOSH!!!! What a fun thing to do!
OH MY GOSH...that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This seriously is my dream for my child. I know, we're both weird that way! I am so glad he is living the dream and can be getting the party started at every single game. Can you think of a job that's more fun than that?! I don't think so!
Hopefully in a couple of years I will be making the exact same post.
Congratulations Josh!!! :)
Awesome! Go Josh! Does that costume get horribly hot?
Post a Comment