The baby is doing much better and we got to spend some time with him last night. He isn't eating well yet, however. The poor little thing is having to go through withdrawals and it makes you sick to think of what he must be feeling. Stefanie has had to be on a low dose of methadone during the pregnancy in order to keep the baby from aborting/having stress because of her withdrawals. She is in full time treatment/rehab and has been clean since early January. One of the reasons this family was chosen was because of their willingness to accept a baby that has had drug exposure. I have full confidence that they have the strength and love to help him in every way.
My parents are so sad. Me, too. It's like we are giving away a piece of us, but we know he'll be cherished and that he will be given a new life, free of the complications that would follow him if she kept him. When she signs the papers tonight, once the ink is dry, it is a done deal. She told me last night that she doesn't know how she can do this, but I think she will. I've not really seen adoption so closely from this side and there is so much pain! I can't stand to see the look in her eyes.


Our sorrow is their joy. Sweet baby boy we love you.
5 comments:
I can't stop crying! How amazing your sister is to give her son a better life than she can at this time. I don't know how it is from her side, I just know how it is being a child that was adopted. I have so much love, and respect for my birth mom for making that choice. I feel the same way for my brother's birth mom. He was born addicted also and he now is an amazing man who is so smart, and has so many talents! I have such high hopes for your sister's son! He will be great and so will your sister. Just keep being there for her like you have been this whole time! What an amazing family she has!
Oh, Emily. I love you, and I love your sister. When you think the time is right, please tell her that we love her, and that we are praying for her.
Once in church, a little girl looked at our new baby Aerie and asked where her mother was. Charles pointed to me, and explained that that Aerie has two mothers and two fathers. After a few minutes considering this, the girl said, "She is really lucky. She has two families to love her." Your nephew will be blessed to have two families to love him, too.
Beautiful pictures. Your family is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us. Prayers continue to be said. Hugs to everyone.
You just wish for a small moment in time, he could speak to her, and tell her its ok. That if he could talk he would tell her to let him have a chance, and to give herself another chance to be who she dreams of.
Wow, such a hard decision but I hope she makes the right one! Please keep us posted!
Post a Comment