Take for instance, this week's moment:
"Do you like roly poly bugs, Mom?"
"Not really."
"Well, I do. I have a collection!"
"That's nice." (while doing my hair)
My mom alert should have been on at this point. Red flag goes un-noticed.
"Jackson, could you scoot Alex onto the Boppie pillow? He keeps rolling over and getting stuck. It's right next to him."
"I did it, Mom! He's happy now."
"Thanks, that helps me a lot." (a glance over tells me Alex is all situated, although the pillow appears to be on something)
Why isn't my mom alert working? Second red flag.
The phone rings, it's my sister, and we visit for 10 minutes or so.
Alex is quiet, and I assume he's liking his new view propped up on the pillow. I am wrapping up the conversation, check on Al
ex and SCREAM into the phone.There are...... roly poly bugs....... everywhere..... on the carpet..... on the Boppie..... ON ALEX!! Alex is happily gurgling in the center of it all.
Now I know what was lumpy under the pillow..... Jackson's collection cup.
As gross as their little spidery legs are, I started scooping them up. I hate it when
they roll into their creepy balls.These pictures don't do it justice, since I had already started picking up the bugs before I thought to grab the camera.....
This is all that I could collect immediately, but I probably found about 20 more through the course of the day in m
y room.
Evidence again that Alex is the sixth child. Mothering epic fail! :(
4 comments:
oh em, ewwwwwwwwwwwww! okay, so i collected roly poly bugs when i was little but now....not so much! i would SOOOOOOOOOOOOO have grossed out to see them all over the floor in my house and especially under my baby! i feel for you. on the other hand, hey...we all listen with one ear sometimes and you've got SIX little ones constantly "telling" you things while you try to take care of them AND maybe yourself at the same time. thanks for sharing. you grossed me out but you made me laugh!
Gross! Ew, that gives me the creepy-crawlies.
Charles had a thing for roly poly bugs when he was a kid. He ate one! Gag.
Gross!!! My kids like to collect them too.
What is with them??? The girls keep collecting them and naming them. I keep finding them in buckets in the house. Lovely!!!
Post a Comment