Saturday, May 2, 2009

Some things that scare me

It's scary how much I love this little face!! (And how fast he is growing.)



Benson plays lacrosse and it scares me how it's a modern day battlefield out there! Part of the game is clobbering each other. Elbow to the chin, yeah!
(That's him in red)


It scares me what the kids want me to take pictures of. Aren't girls supposed to be lady-like?

*
The choir retired 23 members a couple of weeks ago. It scares me to think how I would ever survive without this in my life. I'm really going to miss my friends who had to leave.


It scares me that my girls still like to play at McDonald's playland. But it scares me worse that they aren't little girls anymore, so as long as we all pretend that they are, it's all good!



It's scary that my girls can make a pretty good replica of Benson's face and especially his hair out of an ice cream cone.



Why do I have so many scary posts about Benson? Now this is scary, him wearing makeup/hair for the school musical. I almost wet my pants when I saw him and warned him we might not be able to get it off in time for his lacrosse game unless he let me take his picture....



This is on the ceiling of my shower. Yes, it is a squished spider. And it's been there for a month. I stare at it like a train wreck-- I can't look away! How am I supposed to relax when a spider could drop on me at any moment? Even though it's dead it scares me.... and who smashes a spider but then is too afraid to clean it off? I feel a bit vulnerable in the shower, you know.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah, I have so much to say because there was so much in your posting, but I think I'll stick to the first thing I thought of. My friend's son plays Lacrosse and a few days injured his hip. He can't do any kind of physical activity for at least 2 months. He absolutely loves lacrosse, too. Oh, the joy of boys growing up and playing sports that scare their mothers....I can hardly wait. :)

P.s. I think I have a dead spider on the ceiling of my shower too.

Julie Smith said...

Thank goodness my kids don't play football or lacrosse. But I must say that basketball has gotten really rough the last year or so. Must be all that testosterone flowing around and the boys not knowing quite what to do with it so they might as well push each other across the court or elbow each other in the eye. Whatever gets you the ball, right?

englandmom14 said...

i love your posts. how come i can always relate? as for the sports, thankfully, my boys have never been in for sports. trev did track for awhile and tony did tball but that is all. i'm lucky there. the worst trev has is a callous on his finger since jr. k from writing and drawing so much! betsy is the physical one and she CONSTANTLY gets her. she's had several broken bones, surgery, and a bazillion stitches. she's the one that makes me hold my breath! as for the spider, ewwww! i hate bugs of any kind (except lady) and i always seem to get them in MY BED! how much more intrusive can you get. and like i can sleep after finding one? yeah, right! i couldn't take a shower with one over my head though. i'd freak that it would fall on me!

Leah said...

Oh, I loved seeing the picture of Stephanie!!!! I'm thinking of you guys.

And the picture of Mike at the game with work shoes/black socks was so funny! TOTALLY something my husband would do.

I think you should write a column for a paper or something. You really do have a gift.

englandmom14 said...

how is stefanie doing? has she had the baby yet? she is in our prayers, as is all involved. let her know that please! love deb

Heather said...

Good to hear that your "weed" was in fact a tree, bummer about the flag pole. We will be in Utah in July, so I will have to do a drive by.